Saturday, December 06, 2003

Stuff I'd Rather Do Today Than What I Am Going To Do Today:

I'd rather go Christmas shopping with my daughters than go on my 7 mile run.

I'd rather take a nap than prepare my Sunday School lessons.

I'd rather watch the championship football games than go to our mini-church Christmas party.

I'd rather read a good book I've been wanting to dive into instead of cleaning the house.

But, hey...life ain't all bad. We'll trim the Christmas tree as a fam with the Christmas music going and I get to see Shelby in her recorder concert with her friends. I'll be able to get past the venue and manufactured event as our quaint little suburban town tries to artificially generate Mayberry Christmas cheer in their artificially constructed (and failed attempt to establish a) "downtown." My daughter has that kind of power to push me past that GenX-Cynical-Angst view of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home