Wednesday, October 29, 2003

People I actually know that inspire me and why (in no particular order):

Tracy McKinney (understated spirituality, underrated photography talent and undeterred perseverance...which any youth pastor's wife must have)
Tim Stevenson (real life spirituality modeled every day)
Joshua and Kristen Rudd (unique and gutsy spirituality modeled every day)
Katherine Riskey & Lizzie Purifoy (incredibly gifted and creative human beings who laugh out loud a lot, understanding that joy is the 2nd fruit of the Spirit)
Kenner and John Thompson (future literary great hitched to a life-long learner...a highly undervalued trait)
Michael Bridges and George Baum (musicians with a strong message and higher-order principles)
Jill McKinney (scrappy little sister who is one of the few people I know to actually stick it to The Man and now kicks back and scoffs at him)
Kelsey and Shelby McKinney (blessings from God who are always trying new thing and usually doing them well)
Melissa Rowe (one of the most innovative ministers I've ever seen)
Michael and Katie Alpert (simply following God's leadings even when doing so takes you half a world away)
Jessica S., Liz Stevenson Abby Lorenc and Pam Davis (four young ladies who just have creative vibes and unique worldviews...and talk about four futures so bright you gotta wear shades...)
Matt Eaton and Steve-O Davis (granted, it's a sick and twisted slant, but it's inspiring to be around them nonetheless)

And that doesn't include the myriad of teenagers I know right now that constantly challenge me and encourage me and drive me...

Some days, I cannot believe that my day-to-day life puts me in direct contact with people like these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home