Thursday, October 23, 2003

Continuing to beat the drum for a more leisurely lifestyle...

"Don't eat, dine...'Grabbing a bite' while 'eating on the run' usually leads to poor dietary choices and much subsequent indigestion. Instead, discipline yourself to sit down and enjoy every meal. Create, as da Vinci did, an aesthetically pleasing environment: a nice place setting, flowers on the table, an artful presentation of even the simplest foods. A pleasant atmosphere and an unhurried pace improve your digestion, your equanimity, and the quality of your life."
--from How To Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
by Michael J. Gelb

I don't really recommend the book, but I can see why people in the corporate world got really jacked up enough to make it a best seller. I think good airport reads that can make businessmen look like they're above the system is a good formula for a best seller.

Now I Gotta Find A New Dealer...

My neo-hippie pierced and tatooed friend Kristen (who is now into another EarthMama thing...check out her blog for more info) quit her job at Starbucks.

I can't say for sure, but now I know what a Crystal Meth junkie must feel like when he sees his supplier get arrested on the news...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home