Monday, October 27, 2003

Fun With Sisters:

A local radio talk-show has several hosts and they noted that they each had a younger sister. They devised a contest in which they would come up with a list of 10 trivia questions their little sisters should know from their growing up together and then would see which sister knew their brother best. I don't have anybody to compete with, but I made up some questions I'd ask my little sister if I did:

1) My best friend in high school had his last name uniquely displayed as a holder for his mailbox. What letter of his last name actually held the mailbox up?
2) My first car was what color, make and model?
3) What was the name of the river our paternal grandmother had a cabin on? (Bonus Question: What was the name of the convenience store none of us believed you saw when you were just learning to read that you told us about on our way home from that cabin?)
4) What was the name of our maternal grandmother's boyfriend who our cousin Taft would imitate by making that sucking sound with his teeth?
5) On a trip to Mobile, for Uncle Randy's wedding, our dad missed an exit. Mom berated him for not getting over in time. What phrase did she use about 25 times to describe why he missed the exit during that tirade?
6) Uncle Irl had a special nickname for you. What was it?
7) Who are my godmothers?
8) Our cousin Jody got married young, and subsequently divorced his first wife. What was her name?
9) On Christmas Eve each year, Rob and I kept hoping for a visit from her next door neighbor who was rumored to have a drinking problem. Rob even wrote a tribute song about him. What instrument did Rob play this song on? Bonus if you can remember the neighbor's name. Another bonus if you can remember the name of the Bessemer subdivision that Nana lived in.
10) Where was my first job? Bonus: What did me and my friends call our boss?

My prediction: You'll get 7 questions right, and two of the four bonus questions right (that was how the DJ's played, was to guess how many their sister would answer correctly).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home