Friday, July 25, 2003

I am a firm believer in the daily miracle that is a newspaper, and thankfully, there's a media shop here in Alkmaar that has copies of the New York Times Europe and the good old McNews USA Today. The paper gets me on the on-ramp to the freeway of my day, with coffee for fuel.

Anyway, even the USA Today has a European slant to it, and there was an article about the "obesity" of the US citizens and our general lack of cardiovascular activity. There were a couple of ideas that I liked, though. Primarily, it involves the size of our meal portions and the speed with which we eat those portions...as well as the time we eat them. Maybe we should consider a full-blown breakfast, lunch and dinner hour (which would be at home as often as possible, or with friends/family if you're out and about). I wonder if the relationships built around the meals helps with health, too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home