Wednesday, July 16, 2003

The short-list: The first kiss at New Year, 1987, Orlando, Florida. The joyful hugging each other and jumping up and down after Lawyer Tillman’s reverse beat Alabama. Laughing together and watching Cosby every Thursday night when that night was a TV event. Her “trying not to laugh” eye rolls at my idiot friends. The smile on her face when she said “yes” to an unemployed seminary drop-out. While I’m at it, that same smile now. The naps we used to take on Sunday afternoons (before kids). How beautiful she looked when she was eight months pregnant. For helping me through her 18-hour labor and delivery. The way she put so much love into making our first house a home, complete with a smooshed wallpaper border teddy bear in the nursery corner no one looked at. The pure joy on her face holding our infants. The fun we had sharing our children’s first words/rolls over/crawls/steps together. The dates we had at Huffman and Hewitt-Trussville events…and the teens we both fell in love with when they invaded our home. The way she held my hand and looked in my eyes when Kelsey went to the emergency room, and Shelby to the hospital. The confidence she displayed when we took the biggest step of faith of our life together. The support she’s given me to put me through school and the crap she’s put up with because of my job. The crap she’s put up with because of me. The way she makes every family vacation something memorable. The way she just KNOWS what’s best for our children, and the way she still sees them as a blessing from the Lord. The way she understands that raising children and a clean, quiet house rarely mix…while still making our house cozy. The way she understands that being married and a clean, quiet husband rarely mix…while still making me feel cozy. The way she still actually enjoys teenagers coming into her home. For choosing to be a dog person even though she’s a cat person. The way she never said anything during the TLC days, even though she had every right to. That special group of teens and those special duplex neighbors during that same time frame. The way she tolerates my quirks. The way she sees how important it is to be home for the holidays. The way she puts our children in situations to grow spiritually. The way she puts me in a position to grow spiritually. The talent she has for photography, and the eye she has for art…whether it’s a Van Gogh or one for the refrigerator door. The way she enjoys the Crossroads days we’re in right now, and the way she enjoys being part of a church body, using her gifts and talents. The way she loves this group of teenagers as much as the first. The way she says it’s okay to be on a mission trip to Holland for our 15th anniversary.

I have been loved more than I have loved ;)
And now I know that God lets angels fly this low ;)

I love you, Tracy. Thank you for 15 wonderful years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home