Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Get this: I'm in a library in Alkmaar, Holland trying to blog. That's honestly a sentence I never thought I'd write.

One thing I'm learning about God is that what He really wants from us is to give glory to Him. Seems that several of the books I'm reading and several of the sermons I'm hearing and discussions I'm having seem to involve that topic...not that that particular piece of information is new to many of you, but it's more the application of such that's provoking my thoughts as of late.

I see that so much in this culture. Evangelism as Americans tend to do it simply isn't very effective (and the problems caused by years of others doing it this way are numerous)...here or in the U.S. You simply have to BE God's workmanship (see Ephesians 2, and substitute "masterpiece" for workmanship and I think you'll be closer to the intended meaning), and allow others to see the fruit of the Spirit in you.

If any of you figure out how to do that in your personal lives...I'm all ears. Very interested in learning from you guys on this.

Two things by way of closing: First, Rob actually presented the Gospel to a guy last night...God is at work here. Second, I got an e-mail apiece from my daughters today. One of them closed with the phrase, "Dress happy, think happy, be happy." That's a wonderful way to close a letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home