Thursday, July 24, 2003

Today, we're off to the Corrie Ten Boom home in Haarlem. If you don't remember the story from your middle school required reading, it's the home a leader of the WWII Dutch resistance...she cleverly hid Jewish people from the Nazi regime, and helped them escape Holland. Two things I like about the story of The Hiding Place: First, that Corrie Ten Boom was a devout Christian being salt and light to the world in the face of incredible cruelty and personal sacrifice (she nearly died in a concentration camp, and her sister did die).

Secondly, I'm drawn to the "underdog." The person/team that is up against all odds and manages to fight and scrap and accomplish great things. I have no idea why I admire revolutionaries, but I'm drawn to them...and aspire to be one. Whether it's personally revolutionizing who I am or what I'm about, or whether it's just "burning bridges of convention and safety and lighting up the sky in the process." (stolen from a Mark Rosenthal quote)

Here's to all the underdogs, doing great things for The Kingdom...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home