Sunday, April 24, 2011

Post #3,000

So, I've been posting here at The Diner for almost 8 years now. Blogging was, at one time, "in." This was before MySpace came along with all their bells & whistles and fancy backgrounds and music. Before Facebook streamlined everything and made connecting on-line more personal with photos and short burst status updates. Before Twitter with it's 140 characters and links and hashtags.

I still do it. I'm not really sure why. Seems more natural for me than all the others...but when I do it, I feel like I typing a paper on the old Smith-Corona with the correction ribbon: Behind the times, but it feels better to me.

And this is post #3,000. If a baseball player gets 3,000 hits, he makes it into the Hall of Fame. I don't know if anything should happen to bloggers for post #3,000 or if it's even a noteworthy milestone. But, it's a nice, round number nonetheless.

And I thought about what I should post.

And it dawned on me that it should be the thing that is most important to me in my life, right? And, coincidentally, on Easter Sunday...it seems fitting:
"Now if Christ is being preached as raised from the dead, how can some of you say there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is futile and your faith is empty. Also, we are found to be false witnesses about God, because we have testified against God that he raised Christ from the dead, when in reality he did not raise him, if indeed the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is useless; you are still in your sins. Furthermore, those who have fallen asleep in Christ have also perished. For if only in this life we have hope in Christ, we should be pitied more than anyone."

It's pretty simple, really.

If Christ was raised from the dead, well, it is the most important event in human history...with all sorts of eternal consequences.

If Christ wasn't raised from the dead, well, Christians should be pitied. More than anyone in human history.

There ain't much middle ground there, kids.

So, there you have it.

Post #3,000.

That's a little over 1 post per day since 2003. A lot of words, man. A lot of fun man.

The Diner management thanks you all for your continued patronage...even if those visits seem mostly nostalgic these days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

Great words. Been a fan for many of those 3000 posts. Sometimes a fan that agrees and sometimes a fan that disagrees and sometimes a fan that is just plain challenged by you.

Blogging is a good thing. Glad to see you back after a hiatus.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Joshua Rudd said...

I'm looking forward to the next 3,000 posts.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home