Thursday, September 03, 2009

Stereotypical Middle-Age Man Statement

Kid1 turns 18 today.

I'm very proud of her and enjoy my relationship with her very much. All those things people tried to say about "wait until she's a teenager" haven't proven true in this case...she's actually made our parenting lives pretty easy, all in all.

And, as much as I tried to fight it, this morning my first thought was, "Where did all this time go? Tracy and I aren't old enough to be the parents of an 18-year-old."

Stereotypical, I know.

Self-centered, I know. I mean, it's about her today and my thoughts were about me today.

But I'm not sure I really know where all the time went.

And I'm pretty sure we're not old enough to be the parents of an 18-year-old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home