Friday, August 07, 2009

I Read The News Today, Oh, Boy

Well, actually, I read the news yesterday.

John Hughes, writer & director of a HUGE percentage of the movies I purchased on DVD because they were distinctly from my generation's movie watching menu, dead at 59. Heart attack. In Manhattan of all places.

Anyway, in remembrance today, I will...

...tell people that I'll be using 220 or 221, whatever it takes.
...driving the family cross country in the Family Truckster.
...pay Farmer Ted a buck to see a girl's underpants.
...spend all day in detention because I don't have anywhere else to go.
...try not to throw up when Chet tells me he's going to serve me a greasy pork sandwich in a dirty ashtray.
...choose to hang out with Duckie at the record store instead of with Blane's friends.
...lead a parade and dedicate a song to a young man who didn't think he saw anything good today.
...listen to Watts when she says if I want shallow, I should call Amanda Jones.
...sell shower curtain rings as jewelry so I can get home for the holidays.
...and perform a choreographed lawnmower dance with my neighbors as we mow our lawns on Saturday.

Yep.

If you know those movies...

...it's safe to say John Hughes made our lives a little happier an hour and a half at a time.

Over and over again over the years, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home