Thursday, May 07, 2009

Go Ahead And Mark Your Calendars

I know.

I know.

The content of conversation here at The Diner hasn't been much to speak of as of late.

But, on the day I die, you'll want to mark your calendars for 20 years from that date.

That's when the managers of The Diner Archives will open the sealed vault with all my personal journals in them. You'll want to find whichever composition notebook, leatherbound volume or three-ring binder happens to have the entries from the month of May, 2009 in them.

Really.

You will.

And you'll see that there really was content worthy of conversation. Then, hopefully, whoever is running The Diner after my demise will provide the coffee and you folks can have at it.

It's kind of like the documents from the Warren Commission report in the National Archives, isn't it?

Now that my overblown sense of self-importance is out there for all of you to read, can I recommend that you hit my good friend Kristy's blog? Very funny stuff recounting her celebration of her first year of marriage. I mean, just because I don't got nothin' doesn't mean I can't recommend a good entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home