Friday, May 01, 2009

My iPod Genius Really GETS Me, Man

Woke up with all sorts of scrambled brain activity...running a lot of laps but not going anywhere in particular.

This leads to a particular dilemma in my world because I usually fire up the iTunes to get the morning music to set the tone for the day. Because my thoughts weren't going anywhere I couldn't decide what kind of mood I was in, so I just hit "recently played," went to the last song on that list, and hit the "genius" button which will select a playlist from my music library (which is almost 18 gig large) based on that kind of song.

Here's what it spit back at me:

"Hollow Man" by R.E.M.
"300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues" by The White Stripes.
"Five on the Five" by The Raconteurs.
"Caring is Creepy" by The Shins.
"Karma Police" by Radiohead.
"Modern Guilt" by Beck.
"Hospital Beds" by Cold War Kids.
"Manhattan" by Kings of Leon.
"Society" by Eddie Vedder.
"Big Me" by Foo Fighters.

You can bet I extended that from 25 songs to 100. Never know when you might need it.

And, I thought, "If there were a music festival that had those bands on the bill, I'd pay $400 to go."

I think it's going to be a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home