Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sometimes Psalms Say It Better Than You Can

From Netbible.Org:

Psalm 42
For the music director; a well-written song by the Korahites.
42:1 As a deer longs for streams of water,
so I long for you, O God!
42:2 I thirst for God,
for the living God.
I say, “When will I be able to go and appear in God’s presence?” 
42:3 I cannot eat, I weep day and night; 
all day long they say to me, “Where is your God?”
42:4 I will remember and weep! 
For I was once walking along with the great throng to the temple of God,
shouting and giving thanks along with the crowd as we celebrated the holy festival. 
42:5 Why are you depressed, O my soul? 
Why are you upset? 
Wait for God!
For I will again give thanks
to my God for his saving intervention. 
42:6 I am depressed, 
so I will pray to you while I am trapped here in the region of the upper Jordan,
from Hermon, from Mount Mizar.
42:7 One deep stream calls out to another at the sound of your waterfalls; 
all your billows and waves overwhelm me. 
42:8 By day the Lord decrees his loyal love, 
and by night he gives me a song, 
a prayer to the living God.
42:9 I will pray to God, my high ridge:
“Why do you ignore me?
Why must I walk around mourning 
because my enemies oppress me?”
42:10 My enemies’ taunts cut into me to the bone, 
as they say to me all day long, “Where is your God?” 
42:11 Why are you depressed, O my soul? 
Why are you upset? 
Wait for God!
For I will again give thanks
to my God for his saving intervention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home