Monday, May 05, 2008

"I never get enough sleep. I stay up late at night, cause I'm Night Guy. Night Guy wants to stay up late. 'What about getting up after five hours sleep?' Oh that's Morning Guy's problem. That's not my problem, I'm Night Guy. I stay up as late as I want. So you get up in the morning, you're exhausted, groggy. Oooh, I hate that Night Guy! See, Night Guy always screws Morning Guy. There's nothing Morning Guy can do."--Jerry Seinfeld

I had big plans, see.

I was going to blog this morning about The Shack, a novel by William P. Young. I finished it and was looking forward to the discussion it would bring.

And Night Guy has taken over my life lately.

First, on Saturday, we stayed out late on our downtown visit with friends. Night Guy said, "We're having a great time! Extend the party a couple of hours! There's this really good restaurant that seats until midnight!" Morning Guy didn't appreciate the great time when he had to get up early for work. In fact, Afternoon Guy was a little bothered by his choices, too.

Then, after Morning Guy and Afternoon Guy were both just getting over their fatigue (partly staved off by the good time I had at a wedding in the afternoon catching up with friends), we started watching the hockey game. It was a big game...with the Dallas Stars trying to eliminate the pesky San Jose Sharks in the Stanley Cup playoffs. 8PM start time. Good for all involved, right?

Oh so wrong.

10:15PM. The first three periods resulted in a 1-1 tie. In the NHL playoffs, they play overtimes until somebody scores a goal. In this case, a Dallas goal ends the series. A Sharks goal sends it to game 7 in San Jose...a very undesirable prospect if you're Dallas.

11:10PM. No goal. Overtime #1 ends.
12:15AM. No goal. Overtime #2 ends.
12:55AM. No goal. Overtime #3 ends.
1:30AM. DALLAS SCORES!!! WE WIN THE SERIES!!! WE GO TO THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS THAT BEGIN THURSDAY NIGHT AGAINST THE RED WINGS!!!

1:31AM. Oh, man. I've got to get up at 6 and I have a whole bunch of little honey-do's to get done and want to try and get the yard work done before it rains and then I'll be taking Kid2 to ballet which will take up pretty much all evening, not getting me back until 10PM. Morning Guy went to bed happy, but somewhat annoyed by Night Guy's last two choices.

So, Morning Guy decides to hold off on the review of The Shack until tomorrow...and hopes Night Guy doesn't have a suggestion for Monday evening when I get back from my driving responsibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home