Monday, March 17, 2008

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that maybe I should've brought the hammock into the garage for the winter, as last night (2nd ride of the spring) two of the support ropes frayed & snapped.
...that, thankfully, there is a Father's Day/Anniversary coming up in the summer so as to replace said hammock.
...that Tony Jones' new book on the Emergent Church/Movement leads me to believe that those that have commandeered what once was a grass roots movement will ultimately be doing more harm than good long-term. I'll have a complete review later.
...that my daughter's "Pi" day celebration (on 3.14 at 1:59 PM, get it?) was pretty funny with her baking pies and having all her friends be here at that time.
...that, to me, it's really nifty how the folks in charge of our podcasts from sermons have the Sunday sermon on the web on Monday mornings. As long as we keep their equipment working at optimum levels, the deliver.
...that I kinda wish I was on the ski trip with the student ministry right now.
...that I enjoyed teaching my two classes yesterday as much as I've enjoyed teaching in a while.
...that even when golf is at it's most exciting (see Tiger Woods finish yesterday) it's still the worst sport to watch on television.
...that I'm not sure I get how much spring break affects society around here. I don't remember as a kid going anywhere or doing anything other than just goofing off because there wasn't any school, but around here it seems like a ghost town.
...that the dandelions have fired off a return salvo in my war on the weeds. They're back after two days.
...that trying to set up summer vacation plans isn't nearly as easy as it used to be before teenagers lived in my home.
...that I'm looking forward to the spring storms coming into our area tonight. I like a good thunderstorm as long as hail stays away.
...that it was good seeing pastor Mike back at church yesterday.
...that it looks like we'll be getting good weather for our sunrise service this Sunday, with temps in the 50s, which beats last year's 30s.
...that I need to get back to the gym, and this is a good week to do that.
...that I'm a pretty happy camper in life these days.
...that there really isn't much going on so I'll just end it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home