Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Is There Anybody Out There?

All that writing about Proverbs yesterday and not one comment?

Really?

Maybe I should've taken my daughter to a concert in Deep Ellum and written about that...people really respond to that kind of stuff. They even start talking about music lyrics and album cover art and failed parenting.

That reality is one of the main reasons that I don't feel like writing a book, man.

It just doesn't seem that when I write in that style on those kinds of topics that they resonate with folks. Or maybe it's the blog format that people don't want to comment on that kind of thing and they're drinking coffee and sitting on porches and thinking about it.

Either way...

...it was kind of lonely in The Diner yesterday. For whatever the reason.

Maybe it's time to take some time off from this style of writing...from blogging. I've been threatening for four years and maybe it's time.

I'm not talking about closing down...just taking an indeterminate time, maybe a day, maybe a week, month or year and just...

...well...

...not blogging.

I'm not sure that'd be a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home