Saturday, March 08, 2008

So, I'm Late To The Game Again...

Yes, yes.

I know lots of people have heard of Damian Loeb and I have, too. But I just started getting into some of his works and wanted to give him a shout out. For some reason, I really like his hyperrealism. Here's a taste:





Also, I'm just hearing of Banksy. Naturally, Kid1 gave me all sorts of attitude when I asked her if she'd heard of him. In return, I gave her all sorts of attitude when asking her why she didn't share this stuff with me. I can't depend on my subscription to Rolling Stone to keep me in the loop on stuff like this. That just started last month.

Anyway, Banksy's a graffiti artist who doesn't sell his (or her) work to commercial galleries. No one knows for sure who the artist is, either. But, man, do I dig it and really enjoy the provocation...

Somehow the artist got this done on the Palestinian side of the Israeli West Bank barrier wall!







In light of this, I'll be adding an "artists I enjoy" set of links on the left in the next few days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home