Sunday, February 24, 2008

Personality Quiz

My missionary to Germany friend Robyn put a What's Your Name's Hidden Meaning? deal on her blog.

Since what I'm preaching on today (John 17) has a little section on what it means to be "kept in His name" I thought I'd play along for grins. So, I typed in my full name and these are the results (my own comments in parentheses):

You are full of energy. (hmmm...then why do I nap at any possible time?)
You are spirited and boisterous.
You are bold and daring. (years of youth ministry makes it appear that way, but I don't think I'm really bold or daring)
You are willing to do some pretty outrageous things. (again, years of youth ministry has caused me to do them, usually with little provocation)
Your high energy sometimes gets you in trouble.
You can have a pretty bad temper at times. (not really so much anymore)

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. (not a rebel so much as a rabble-rouser)
You're always up to something. (usually)
You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. (I don't think so)
You're very intense. (kinda)
You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble.
But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. (I'm more mischevious than "trouble")

You are friendly, charming, and warm. (I wonder what others would say, because I think we all like to think we're these things)
You get along with almost everyone. (except maybe militant Star Wars fans)
You work hard not to rock the boat. (again, more like rousing the rabble)
Your easy going attitude brings people together. (I keep long friendships)
At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. (on minor things)
But for the important things, you pull it together.

You are very intuitive and wise.
You understand the world better than most people. (I really do think so)
You also have a very active imagination. (I don't think I'm very creative or imaginative, but I like people that are and stuff that is)
You often get carried away with your thoughts. (oh, man, do I ever)
You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. (not at all! really!)
You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals. (again, I tend to be more clueless than picking up on any type of "signal")

You are a seeker. (occupational hazard)
You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life.
You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. (work related, but they're lots of places nobody wants their passports stamped)
You're most comfortable when you're far away from home. (this is the most inaccurate thing in this little quiz. I don't know if anybody likes being in their home as much as I do)
You are quite passionate and easily tempted. (not so much, but the things I care about I care about passionately. Those things that are tempting tend to be VERY tempting).
Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble. (usually these are dietary in nature)

You are confident, self assured, and capable. (usually, unless it comes to singing)
You are not easily intimidated. (Rarely, if ever)
You master any and all skills easily. (this is true. Anything I try to pick up or learn I tend to grasp quickly and get pretty good at it)
You don't have to work hard for what you want. (hardly. I tend to have workaholic tendencies and am pretty efficient, too. So, I work hard)
You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. (not really)
And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! (never. I go overboard to involve everybody else who is part of whatever "team" I'm on)

You are very open. (to my detriment, in many cases)
You communicate well, and you connect with other people easily. (true)
You are a naturally creative person. (again, I don't think so, but wish I were)
Ideas just flow from your mind. (this is true. I can't really stop them, either)
A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. (I think this is true of all grownups)
You are very adaptable. (I've had to be)

You are a seeker of knowledge, and you have learned many things in your life. (lifetime of theological pursuit)
You are also a keeper of knowledge - meaning you don't spill secrets or spread gossip. (true)
People sometimes think you're snobby or aloof, but you're just too deep in thought to pay attention to them. (Oh, man, is this ever true)

You tend to be pretty tightly wound. (not so much...I'm pretty laid back)
It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing. (both/and!)
You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. (usually it stays a while)
You don't stick with any one thing for very long. (wrong...I tend to stick with things for a terribly long time...often too long)
You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. (I have the drive but it doesn't happen often)
Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start. (hardly my biggest problem)

You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. (I don't resent those people, I just don't understand the way they think)
You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. (I think so, but not really adventurous)
You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care. (are you kidding? I'm one of the most "settled down" peole I know! I've been married since I was 22, wife & kids who I love and don't tire of having around, same home for nearly 10 years, I keep cars until they die, same church for nearly 12 years. I don't think I could be more settled down if I tried!)


So, patrons, agree or disagree?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home