Tuesday, December 18, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I love the spirit of this comic:



...that if you're into music, you should be watching The 7 Ages of Rock on VH-1 Classic. Last night's edition of the 7-part show was mesmerizing with the blues influence on the Rolling Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, etc. Tonight's "art rock," which may not interest many of you with the Velvet Underground & David Bowie, et al., but check out the lineup. I cannot wait for Friday & Saturday's installments!
...that I think I should send a reminder to Tony Romo reminding him of the tuna/chicken episode of The Newlyweds. Really, Tony? You better get your head focused on the playoffs and lay off the eye-candy until mid-February.
...that Christmas really can't be a week away, can it?
...that I have zero motivation to finish any of the books in my stack and I wanted to start with a clean slate after Christmas.
...that there's something kind of fun about checking where those packages you ordered are in the shipping process. I think it's fun to see where they started and where they've checked in and out.
...that I'll miss D in the office every day. I mean, I think it's great where he & Penny are headed and what they'll be doing, but many of you have no idea how much fun he makes an office environment. He can play pranks with the best of them.
...that the double-secret probation list is growing and I don't like it. In case you didn't know, one month of non-blogging gets you on it, and at 9 months you get deleted forever. And, some pretty exciting things have happened to several folks on it that I think you owe us the common courtesy to update, people!
...that the holidays haven't been kind to my diet desires, but I recommitted yesterday with new goals and everything. So, don't worry.
...that it takes me forever to get out of the church these days. All these shops and such have opened a couple of blocks from us, and there's so much traffic that it can take a while to get in or out of there during peak times.
...sometimes, I really feel like I'm failing my children in more ways than I care to.
...that the new school calendar implemented this year has influenced our children's ministry and student ministry's calendars in subtle, but mildly irritating, ways.
...that I might actually have to mow my lawn. It's December.
...that I can't really get it through my brain the my wife and Kid1 are off to Paris in 8 days. I can't imagine how much fun a photographer and a painter will have in a whirlwind 4 days.
...the writer's strike is giving me all sorts of excuses to do other things. What if they never come back and all our lives are better for it?
...that I don't think I'm going to make a dent in my half-cord of firewood this year.
...that my study of Jeremiah is very enjoyable at present. I'm not sure why, but I feel a kindred spirit with the prophet. That can't be healthy.
...that I need to get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home