Friday, September 28, 2007

Tagged

It doesn't happen often anymore, but a while back bloggers would come up with a topic and then "tag" other bloggers to write about the same topic. I don't do that too much, but every now and again I'll play along. The Retrophisch tagged me about my most recent song purchases. Like the Phisch, I'm an albumist. That is, I tend to buy entire CD's and so I've chosen a representative song from the list when I did that...although I did get one new song recently on the iTunes.

In order, the last five songs I've purchased:

"Hard Son" by Eddie Vedder (from the "Into The Wild" soundtrack). If there's been a better song written in the last year, I haven't heard it. Brilliant stuff, and I'm definitely going to see this movie (which opened today) even though it's playing only in the "arts" theatres.

"The Pretender" by Foo Fighters. Are you kidding me? If the Foo Fighters release a CD, I get it on the first day.

"F**K Authority" by Pennywise. It was one of those days, man. One of those days.

"I've Just Seen A Face" by Jim Sturgess on the "Across the Universe" sountrack. My daughters were smitten by the trailers from Across the Universe, and the Beatles are timeless in their appeal...so I picked it up for them and our whole family has enjoyed the re-makes of classic songs from artists like Bono & Joe Cocker. I've heard the movie isn't that great, though.

"Let it Go" by Def Leppard from their "Rock of Ages" (greatest hits) CD. All of a sudden I'm in my '77 Cutlass with the cassette driving up Columbiana Road on the way to high school, with blog commenter Hal riding shotgun.

Your last 5 purchases?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home