Thursday, September 06, 2007

Poor Crime

I'm a big believer in the daily miracle that is a newspaper. I have one delivered daily and it's a significant part of my routine. And Lloyd's. He takes care of business around 5AM on our jaunt to get the daily miracle that is a newspaper.

Some mornings, though, I've been to the gym and don't get home until around 7AM. This morning was one of those mornings, and as I pull into my driveway the newspaper is on the sidewalk. Since Lloyd's routine is dependent on my routine, I figured I'd go get him for his morning constitutional. I'd noticed a couple of kids walking on the sidewalk on their way to school as I parked my car.

In the two or three minutes I was in my house, my newspaper had mysteriously disappeared. The two kids who were walking to school were now on the corner.

"Hey, guys! You know anything about my newspaper?"

They took off running.

"Why the heck would elementary school kids steal a newspaper? That's one of the worst crimes ever."

No biggie, really...there's a newspaper bin about a block from my house. Lloyd got a bonus walk/sniff through the park. But I'm out $0.50. Well, $0.85, since I also didn't get my reduced-priced-subscription paper, either.

So, I still have my coffee over the daily miracle that is a newspaper.

And...when I pull out of my driveway to go to work...

...I see that the kids have NOT stolen the paper as I'd suspected, but rather flung it under my daughter's car, which is NOT the car I looked under.

But I can tell you this:

Now that I know they've pranked me rather than stolen from me...

...7:15AM tomorrow morning.
...Garden hose while perpetrating the myth that I'm watering my lawn.
..."good morning, guys."
...followed by a playful aim (but careful as not to get them wet before school) & chase.

Game on, fellas.

Game on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home