Sunday, August 12, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that Amy Winehouse might be doing the stereotypical rock star thing off-stage, but man, that girl is fantastic and I enjoy her old-school soul sound.
...that with the ding on the space shuttle endangering the astronauts/mission, it's time for me to once again state that, for the record, NASA should refocus energies on energy alternative technology and stop going into space. Yes. We get it, NASA. You can accomplish whatever you set your brains to do, but aren't we past gimmicks like senior citizens & teachers in space? Yes, NASA, we're all very impressed. Of course, my generation isn't wowed by space stuff, either. So, wow us with what you can do with wind/solar/nuclear stuff, give me a car I can re-charge and a home that heats/cools well and get those magnetic trains workin' for us. Sheesh.
...when your local baseball team's manager talks about how we were stifled by the DEVIL RAYS' pitching, you know you're having a terrible season. Really. He said that. After a pitcher who was 2-11 this season pitched his very first complete-game shutout in his 3 year career.
...I'm still having a little trouble understanding the arguments from illegal immigrants about why they deserve citizenship. I think I need to read a civics book or something, because I thought we had some legal processes for immigration to take place.
...that a recent study noted boys who had their tonsils out were less likely to be hyperactive. Something to do with quality of sleep. I wonder if they did a study on parents who told their kids to sit it down and shut it up when needed/deserved, that those kids would be less likely to be hyperactive, too.
...that we all know that our bodies are pretty sensitive machines, but I'm experiencing that reality at the end of week #2 of the diet/exercise program. I am feeling so much better and the food change hasn't been all that drastic. The exercise change has been pretty drastic, though.
...that we had our first 100 degree day yesterday, with the next 5 or 6 days supposed to be the same thing. The temperature isn't expected to go below 80 during that time, either. Air quality indexes are out of green and straight to red, too. It seems like summer is just starting.
...that at the same time, it feels like summer is ending, too. If it were the old summer schedule, school would be starting in less than a week. Instead, we have a few more weeks.
...the Cowboys look pretty good (they should make the playoffs) & Auburn seems to have an incredible back-up quarterback but they likely won't win the SEC West (if they go 9-3, Tommy Tuberville should be coach of the year).
...that I can't understand why people don't see legalism as dangerous as they see grace. I guess because with legalism everybody looks good. But if you're asking me, if I'm gonna err, I'd rather err on the side of grace. And, after much thought, I don't think there can be "hyper-grace." It's either grace or license. If it's license, it isn't grace. Although, when you think about it, grace itself is pretty hyper. And grace means more than being able to have a beer.
...that there really is something to the idea of dog-therapy for people. I've noticed that I can be having a bad day and spend about 5 mintues with Lloyd and the day doesn't seem as bad as it did.
...that I'm glad to be back in the reading groove again.
...that my most recent graduating class is heading off to college soon (if they haven't already) and I'm excited for them. On the other hand, I'll kind of miss seeing them bound into church at 5PM so excitedly.
...that I need to go to work and get on with the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home