Monday, July 09, 2007

10 Somewhat Realistic Things I've Always Wanted To Do And Haven't Done Yet

Take Tracy on the honeymoon we never got and give her the engagement ring she deserves (as opposed to the one I could afford).

Write a book...or books. But I have little idea of topic. I mean, what NOT been done? And, I'd like to somehow get paid for it without having to get too involved in the Christian Retail Industrial Complex.

Accumulate enough time off to take a summer and road trip with friends to see one baseball game in every major league park.

Really fix our house up. I mean really fix it. Landscaping, new energy-friendly windows, hardwood floors, furniture, sun porch out back, office...the whole works. And then just enjoy it with as little work to maintain it as possible. Of course, I could eliminate all that with a downtown loft, but "realistic" was in the title. Those things are pricey.

Run a marathon...although I'm thinking of slicing that down to a half-marathon. But I'd really like to accomplish a marathon.

Teach, on the side, at a seminary or Bible college. You know, like an adjunct professor or something.

Use all my vacation time every year on REAL vacations (New York & Hawaii are on that list) rather than "end-of-the-year-use-it-or-lose-it-sit-around-and-read" time. But that might have to wait until my girls schedules regulate a bit more. I mean, it's no good unless the fam goes with you.

Take adults on mission trips just like we do with the teenagers. I think they'd love it. Same for implementing "youth group" activities...every time I've see adults in similar environments they respond in ways that make real, live fellowship happen.

White-water raft on a class 5 with a group who is serious about doing it. I've always been leading "family" trips which always cause us to back off before it gets serious.

Attend a big-time prize fight in Vegas and just be a part of all the pomp. And then spend a week or so in Vegas just doing Vegas. I've never been...but I'd really want to go for a big-time event of some type while I was there. Maybe a huge concert would work, too.

What's on your top 10?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home