Friday, March 16, 2007

Okay, It's Been Done Before, But It Seemed Like It Was Time Again

Yeah. I have a MySpace. It's an occupational hazard of sorts, being in student ministry and all. They don't check e-mail anymore so if I want to get in touch with them it's gotta be a text message, and I use MySpace as a backup.

And they post all these little surveys and games. Hey, we amused ourselves with cable television when we were bored so I cut 'em some slack on this. Sure, they should read a book or clean the house or mow the yard, but it's pretty normal and harmless stuff.

Anyway, it gets them to know others and be known by others. Grown-ups call that community and I kind of like that aspect of it. But still, it's just a goofy survey...but I did it/took it and here are my results. Feel free to play along!

Instructions: Put your favorite music player on shuffle (Party Shuffle on iTunes) and fill in the names of the songs in the order they show up.

Next time I'm in front of a crowd, I'll say:
What's The World Got in Store--by Wilco
(not off to a very good start)

Somewhere in my wedding vows, I will include:
Here She Comes Now--Nirvana
(getting a little better)

The best thing about me is:
Not for You--Pearl Jam
(that might just be the best thing about me)

My day will be like:
Breakdown--Tom Petty
(uh-oh)

If I got lost on a desert island, I would yell:
Welcome to the Jungle--Guns N Roses
(now the shuffle is warming up! This one's really good!)

Happiness is:
Listen to the Band--The Monkees
(well, kinda, if that band isn't The Monkees. What're they doing on my iPod?)

To cheer myself up I:
Jump Around--House of Pain
(it'll cheer me up if I jump around to that song!)

My love of life was inspired by the song:
I Hate Everything (But You)--Derek Webb
(I think it was, too)

Will I ever have kids?
Paint It Black--Rolling Stones
(I don't know what that means)

This song will be playing when I meet the love of my life:
Ace of Spades--Motorhead
(Hmmm...the love of my life would've been more likely to listen to Prince)

My make-out song is:
I Hate Myself and Want to Die--Nirvana
(eeek!)

Behind my back, my friends think I'm:
One--U2
(snickers to himself)

This song describes my grandparents:
Jungle Boogie--Kool & The Gange
(laughs out loud at this one)

What makes me happy is:
Kill My Darlings--Stavesacre
(creeps himself out with this one)

How will you die?
Swamp--Talking Heads
(creeps himself out even more with this one)

My alter-ego is:
She's No Lady (She's My Wife)--Lyle Lovett
(giggles)

At my wedding they'll play:
The Devil in Miss Jones--Mike Ness
(thinks that's kinda funny)

My message to the world has always been:
Slash Dot Dash--Fatboy Slim
(thinks the world won't understand the message as it's in Morse Code)

My friends see me as:
She's My Pusher--Crystal Method
(now that's funny!)

My innermost desire is:
Go--Pearl Jam
(well, it is spring break)

When I'm drunk I say:
If I Had A Boat--Lyle Lovett
(if you've ever heard that song, a drunk COULD say those very things, too!)

Highschool was like:
Lay Your Hands On Me--Bon Jovi
(really, not so much, now Diner patron Hal on the other hand...)

If I reached the top of Mount Everest, what I would scream:
Sharp Dressed Man--by ZZ Top
(I guess North Face winter gear would be sharper than I normally wear...)

My birth was like:
Offend in Every Way--The White Stripes
(not much has changed, either)

My family is described by the song:
I Stole Your Love--by Kiss
(my girls kinda did...hmmm)

My last words will be:
Is This It--The Strokes
(are you kidding me?!)

My ultimate song for dancing is:
World Class Fool--Paul Westerberg
(are you kidding me even more?! My iPod must've seen my dance moves)

At my funeral they'll play:
Heavy--Collective Soul
(I must've put on even more weight in the future)

My theme song:
Sick of You--Lou Reed
(it's scary how much my iPod knows me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home