Monday, February 19, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that we shouldn't be surprised that Al-Quaeda is re-grouping. Did we think they'd just admit defeat and move on?
...that I'm skeptical of pretty much all U.S. intelligence reports these days, because, well, umm, WMD's anyone?
...that my dream last night involved current co-workers, past students, and college friends as the supporting cast and a ride in my van with my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly in which it was so dark we could only see about a foot in front of it. Not to mention that a parent of one of my students was helping me by steaks in a supermarket. In color. And I only ate chicken spaghetti for dinner and read part of a book on prayer before I went to sleep.
...I might just switch back to razor blades after about a year of the electric razor.
...that book on prayer I'm reading is one of the hardest books to get through that I've ever picked up, and I can't figure out why because I like the topic and a lot of the other stuff the guy has written.
...I might want to get an early start on Fat Tuesday!
...that I don't know why I dread taking my car in for the 30,000 mile check-up. I have had NO problems with it and the maintainence should be routine, but I really dislike car repair places. I'm guessing it's because I have no ability to intelligently respond to them. I'm pretty much at their mercy.
...that our little 5 O'Clock Worship project at our church is starting to take shape, and it's a pretty cool experience. If attendance figures are any indication (and I'm not sure they are), I'm not alone in thinking that.
...we'll see how easy the cassette-to-CD editing process is today. I'm slow to learn technology, but getting the music into the software is a piece of cake. I'd imagine, like anything else, tinkering with the editing software is going to be a must.
...I shouldn't have started getting into the DVD's of The Office. I did it with Arrested Development and got hooked. I did it with How I Met Your Mother and got hooked. The first two episodes, which I watched yesterday, were VERY funny. Still not getting Lost and have no time for doing so.
...I'm always amused by the blog topics that I think are going to get lots of comments and don't, and then throwaways that top the 20 comment plateau. There's no reason to it at all.
...I'm not paying a million bucks for Britney's hair, even if I had it.
...that I'm thinking of shutting The Diner down for Lent observance--you know, where you give up something in order to focus on the person and work of Christ?--but I'm not sure that's what I should do. I mean, 40 days without you people? Call me sick and twisted, but I'd miss our little on-line java stops and banter.
...that Bose pretty much has figured out sound technology on every level. I got some ear-buds for my iPod as a gift from my family and they make a pretty incredible difference.
...Auburn's football schedule is completed, finally. It looks like another good year for the Tigers--I'm guessing 9-3, with losses to LSU (on the road), Florida (on the road) and one other upset, like Arkansas on the road.
...that I'd love to take my daughter to the Houston Museaum of Art since they got the Met's traveling exhibit of oil-on-canvas stuff while the Met redecorates that wing. How'd freakin' Houston get that instead of Dallas? Time & distance and--get this--availability of tickets seem to be a big reason we can't go.
...for some reason, I'm not crazy about Daylight Savings time moving back into mid-March this year. I'm not sure why I care.
...the AMC movie plan to show all 5 movies up for Best Picture one after the other on Saturday for $30 (including unlimited soft-drink and popcorn refills) is a pretty good idea. Whoever came up with that promotion should get a promotion.
...that I have to go take Kid1 to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home