Saturday, August 26, 2006

So, Mother Nature...About Ernesto...

This time next week, I'm taking my daughter to her first Auburn game at The Lovliest Village of the Plains. It's her birthday gift. Primo seats and the full-blown tailgate experience with an old college friend and his family await. I'm pretty excited about my first game in over a decade.

Apparently, there's a tropical storm brewing in the Caribbean intent on screaming into the Gulf of Mexico. Some of the web site's projected paths show it hitting Mobile Bay sometime late Wednesday or early Thursday.

On behalf of the citizens in that part of the country who've been through a lot in the last couple of years, I'd like to formally ask you, Ernesto, to just fizzle out and downgrade yourself to a tropical storm and bring yourself right through to North Texas.

Everybody wins in that scenario, Ernesto.

The FEMA folks get a break.
The rebuilding families in the Gulf Coast region (think New Orleans & Biloxi) continue to rebuild.
The folks in North Texas can get some needed drought relief.
And, by intent...

...last...

...because it's least...

...me and my daughter can have the best shot at save travel and a fun weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home