Tuesday, August 22, 2006

More On The Heat

Okay...I know those of you who aren't from Texas don't understand all this talk of the heat. Knowing it hasn't been below 80 degrees in almost two weeks and we've had two weeks of above 100 doesn't really register with non-Texans as to how wearing on folks the weather is.

But, I gotta ask...is it a sign that I'm becoming Texan if I find myself kinda hoping we'll get a few more days over 100 because it'll move us up to 7th on the all-time hottest summers? I mean, I wasn't here in 1980 which the locals wear as a badge of honor and they start sentences with, "Well, yeah, this is bad, but it isn't ANYTHING like 1980..." I'm kinda pulling for the heat. I mean, we've come this far. Shouldn't we have something to show for it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home