Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One Roof

My wife is packing her suitcase. She's off to Alabama today...she's got the big drive from Dallas to Birmingham, but she's making a nice vacation out of it: She'll also go with her parents and the girls to Gulf Shores. She's worked hard these last few months with senior photos and a slew of weddings...busy time for photographers, and a few days of beach life will be good for her.

I haven't seen Shelby since I dropped her off in late June...she's got the ballet academy training to finish this week. The big finale performance is Saturday. I'm sure she can use some beach time after that, too. Lots of work for a 12-year-old.

I haven't seen Kelsey since the day after Mom's memorial service. She's been learning the secrets of southern cooking...at least snacks and such...and hanging out with her grandparents.

My dog had gotten past his moping stage but now seems eerily suspicious with Tracy's packing habits this morning.

And I'm off to Holland tomorrow for 17 days.

I know.

It's hard to whine with beach trips and ballet camps and time with granparents and European mission trips in the mix...

...but I'll kinda be glad when my family is under one roof again. So will Lloyd. July's been a weird (not necessarily bad...just odd) month that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home