Saturday, April 22, 2006

Transcendence

Stuff that happened last night at the Stavesacre show:

Kelsey thought that licking her handstamp and rubbing it on Heather's hand might actually work.

My friend Brian held hands with his fiance of six days. He's a very smart man to garner her affections for a lifetime. I was happy to see them happy.

Dinner at Cafe Brazil in Deep Ellum. I got Smoked Turkey Tacos. Kelsey got the award-winning grilled cheese. Cristina got a sneezer.

I was very close to being the oldest person in the audience. Top 5 for sure. I never felt awkward about that, though.

I thought about getting this for a tatoo. Keep hitting "next" until you get to the art for "The Trouble With Being Born." Very cool footprints. Multiple meanings on my wrist underneath my watchband. Yes or no?

Mr. Banta made a surprise appearance. I think I've seen four concerts with him.

My daughter moshed for the first time...and she held her own against some big boys. My friend Kristi provoked it, and I'm glad she did. Heather helped.

Marky Mark stayed on the fringes as usual, but was an intergral part of the team as usual.

Not a bad song in the mix. I wished they'd played some older ones, but nothing's odd about that.

"Wish you were with me
I’d do anything, anything
To know you were with me
Oh I, wish you were with me
I’m no wayward son
There’s so much to be done before the end
I’m no wayward son"
--From Stavesacre's song "The Trouble With Being Born

Nathan and I kept saying "back and to the left" as we drove past the Texas School Book Depository. We quoted movies the rest of the way home: Animal House, Splash, JFK, and Slap Shot were prominent.

Kristy can end any Nathan diatribe by humming the Mario Brothers theme song.

I thought about my sermon more than I wanted to.

There were several times during the show that were truly a deep worship experience. I'd like more of those in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home