Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lunar Influence of Some Type?

I woke up with a crick in my neck. This has never happened before.

My youngest daughter wanted me to wake her up early because, in her words, she wants to make a fashion statement today.

Everything in our house is impeccably clean, but about 6 inches from where it was yesterday. See, after doing her taxes, Tracy decided to treat herself to one of those "top to bottom" housecleanings. Everything is clean and smells great but just a little over from where it was.

My oldest daughter and I had a conversation of deep significance at dinner yesterday, only to be followed by 15 minutes of teenage girl silliness after picking up her friends and giving them all a ride. Maybe that rapid shift in gears gave my neck whiplash.

I went to bed not knowing what the final baseball game score was and watching seven innings. I can't stand our team residing in the Central time zone but playing in the American League western division. Hence, road games start at 9PM. I still don't know what the score is.

One of my staffers is going on vacation and the other is moving across town this weekend.

I've got to teach in big church on Sunday and I haven't started my sermon. Really. This is more oppressive than it sounds.

One of the high schools we serve is having prom this weekend, which means they'll be coming by my house in the early afternoon. Exciting, but for some reason I'm not looking forward to mowing the lawn for the inevitable photo shoot.

I'm already visualizing the drive to Birmingham next Monday to visit my Mom. I've made it so many times I can practically run a videotape of it in my brain.

Yesterday I unloaded a monster grill the team I'm taking to Mexico is putting on a monster trailer they purchased especially for the trip. Very surreal.

My Bible study guys are going to play Whirly Ball tonight. It's a game that involves those electric bumper cars, an old lacrosse-type game called trac-ball, and basketball backboards. If that doesn't prove my day is strange, nothing will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home