Wednesday, April 12, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...it's a little too early to say it, but the Texas Rangers might just be out of the race before mid-May.
...I need to slow down, but I can't until the 24th.
...I'm already concerned about my next sermon, but that's part of my process.
...iTunes makes music life so much easier.
...that while I understand it's a much more complex issue, I'm having a little trouble with illegal residents claiming "rights" when there are viable & legal ways to be part of the huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
...since I bash Texas weather when it's awful (which is pretty much 10 months a year) I gotta say this recent stretch has been hammock enticing.
...my daughters are interesting people.
...my wife is more beautiful to me today than the day I married her, even if I see her only in passing these days. That quick glance is nice whether she's coming or going.
...having lunch with the best man at my wedding on Monday was loads of fun. It's been kind of a reunion week for me as business has been bringing them to Big D.
...if I get hit by a bus today, the Easter week festivities at church will go on just fine. So will the student ministry, which is really cool to be able to say.
...the garage needs cleaning again.
...I'll get to play a great deal next week: Whirly Ball with my senior guys, a concert at The Door with my daughter and the kids going to prom will stop by before they head out on Saturday.
...I don't think those fake car-crash deals the schools put on to highlight drinking and driving before prom work on teenagers, but those mangled cars in the parking lot allowed me to make the mental note to talk with my children about it.
...my book stack keeps growing rather than shrinking, and I've been reading a good bit.
...I may not have to wait for a bus to hit me if I don't start eating better and exercising. I haven't been to the gym in since December.
...our staff day should be a challenge today as we're working on planning/budgets for 2007.
...this week can't end fast enough if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home