Wednesday, April 05, 2006

25 Years of Friendship

Okay...so here's me in 1983 with my high school girlfriend. We were hanging out at the senior patio.



And here's my best friend Hal in 1983 with one of our teachers, Mrs. Yarbrough. I think he was dressed up for toga day. I have no idea why he's wearing a cowboy hat with that get-up or why she's in scrubs.



And here's us last night at the Ranger's game:



We got caught up on family life and what not. Marriages, kids, jobs...the whole works.

We laughed about old times and checked up on old friends.

We tried to prank call another one of our high school buddies but it didn't work out that well.

We cheered the home team, who, this night, gave us a lot to cheer about. I even predicted a home run...down to the section it would land in. As in, "This guy's going to hit a home run. It's going to land right (pointing) there. I know it's existential, but I'm really feelin' it." When the ball landed in the seats, Hal told me to buy a lottery ticket.

He was in town on business, but we didn't talk much about shipping (although, if you have some freight you need delivered across the state or across the country, I know a guy that can help you out--so shouts out to J.I.T. Trucking) or ministry.

It was about catching up. Sure, cell phones and e-mails and blogs make that a bit easier. Those aren't like actual hanging out, though.

And, all in all, I've been friends with Hal for about 25 years now. There's very few people I can say that about.

And it's very cool to be able to say that.

And I had a GREAT time, too. Now I have to drive to freakin' Rowlett to get my cell phone that fell off the clip in his rental car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home