Saturday, February 25, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that the first day shaving with a new razor blade really is smooth.
...that ending the work week with a 2-hour meeting at the high school my daughter will be attending is tough, especially when parents ask questions specific to their child (instead of seeking the counselor afterward and thereby allowing people to ask questions the entire group might benefit from) during the Q&A portion of the program.
...that it hit me the high school my daughter will attend will have close to 3,000 students next fall, 800 in the class of 2010.
...that I'm pretty pumped about men's curling winning a medal for the first time ever, and that it won't bother me at all if Bode Miller doesn't win won today.
...that lunch today with my good friend Abby is a good way to spend my time.
...that we need to do something about our windows and doors in our house, along with fixing our sprinkler system and one spigot, and that home repairs/redecoration are always the thing that you let slide and regret later (especially when you are LOUSY with home repairs and fixing stuff).
...that our pastor's sermon last Sunday was excellent (which, frankly, isn't all that unusual) and the section on why people don't grow spiritually are all thought provoking and convicting.
...that my hair after the haircut is kinda annoying--it's either too long or too short, depending on which side of that fence you're sitting on.
...I'm going to buy books at some point today with the birthday money the in-laws sent and just the thought of it excites me.
...that my friends Joshua & Kristen moving to San Francisco this week is just crazy enough from the third-party observer's perspective for me to believe that God has to be in it. Knowing the two of them and their ability to discern what God is doing with them only reconfirms that belief.
...I'm amused that others are amused when I wear my Converse Chuck Taylor's. It's so normal to me, and so foreign to them that someone my age would be doing that.
...some things are going slower than I'd hoped.
...I don't know if I'll ever go to the video store again now that my cable provider has so many movies that I just have to click a button to get.
...that even when the couples at our church bring their new baby to the staff floor to visit, I still think that my babies were OBVIOUSLY cuter, and they were babies over a decade ago.
...I'm about ready for March Madness.
...that I need to exercise again.
...that I need to write the book.
...that when I use the word "need" I mean the word "need."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home