Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Album Review

It's out...well, for preview, anyway.

Stavesacre's new release: How To Live With A Curse. Available across the board on April 18.

This review will be short. I love this band. For a variety of reasons. In fact, it's a shame that other groups make a splash in the Christian community but this one doesn't. Frankly, I think they're too cerebral for most people's taste. But I assure you this type of music will be on heavy rotation in my dwelling place in The Kingdom.

And this is their best record yet.

By far and away.

There simply is not a bad song on it (with the possible exception of "Sean," but I think because it was track 11 and had to fall into comparison of 10 very good songs before it, I'll give it another listen).

My favorite is "Grace"--here's the lyrics:

When I was a mountain, strong with stone, silver and gold
Strip-mined wildly, spent it all
Leaving only stone

(Chorus)

But Grace, are You hangin’ on for me?
Tell me it’s true, You still do
Come back around this way

When I was Your lover – passionate and bright as the stars
Left You for the least of whores
Broke Your precious heart

(Chorus)

“Oh, I’ve been standing right here, all along.

My dear, I’ve been standing right here
Ever as before
Oh, I want nothing more than you
Stay please, come back to My arms and
Rest your weary head,
Don’t ever leave again,
Beloved.”

(Chorus)

Grace
Grace –

“Oh, I’ve been standing right here all along.”(c) 2006

"Lost Days" stands out, too...as does "Beautiful."

But don't take my word for it. Just go here. The password is liv3withacurs3.

And take some time to read the lyrics and look at the art they had submitted from their fans. I love hard-working, blue collar, rock your face off, bands who really appreciate their fans.

Hey, it's your life. Listen to Coldplay if you want.

I'll take Stavesacre...for all the right reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home