Thursday, January 12, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that very few things could be as predictable as the confirmation hearings on Supreme Court nominee Alito.
...it's peculiar to me that the teens in my ministry are so excited about a weekend in which all we do is provide a retreat center and no schedule. It's one of the highest attended & most effective weekends we have, and it's the least amount of work we do as a staff.
...it's strange the musical choices my subconscious makes each day as the first song to hit my brain. Today it was "Winners and Losers" by Social Distortion. Yesterday it was that Ferris Bueller song that pretty much just says, "oh, yeah" to electronic drums.
...at it's core, the "emergent" movement taking place in churches is really about true discipleship (which I agree is dismal in most churches). Trust me. I've read more books on it than most folks.
...FOX News and CNN are both pretty much propoganda--it's simply the propoganda we agree with already. We'd all do well to think more instead of having our presuppositions supported.
...don't even get me started on the nightly news. It may be nightly, but there isn't much news (and, while I'm at it, how can Dallas weatherfolks spend five minutes each newscast when our weather hasn't changed in two months?)>
...I can see why the show the Gilmore Girls has such a devoted following. It's pretty clever--but then my view might be skewed because my pre-teen daughter has two seasons on DVD and it has been a continuous showing since Christmas.
...in about a month, pitchers and catchers report to spring training. Does it indicate a problem that I know that?
...I'm glad my mom is traveling to San Francisco next week to visit my sister.
...my sister's month-long trip to New York in April makes me wonder if it is 1) "crashable" for her brother & his wife; and 2) a pre-cursor towards getting a permanent residence there.
...I don't follow college basketball, but I can't stand it when Auburn loses to Alabama in anything--even if it's by 4 with a bunch of freshmen. And, yes, it's all from what I read on the internet, but I really believe Auburn's new coach might be the best coach in the conference with the least talent. They'd do well to keep him, but they won't. He'll move to greener hoops pastures at the first opportunity.
...I have little discipline when it comes to dieting. I'm pretty good on the day-by-day stuff, but my setbacks are serious setbacks.
...I'd really like to be on one of those home makeover shows, but let my wife make all the decisions instead of the goofy cast members. We'd have one really cool house if she had a hefty budget and a team of workers--because ours is pretty nifty now with limited time & energy.
...I probably should get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home