Friday, November 25, 2005

Huge Tupperware and Turkey With Strangers

Yesterday started with daughters sleeping late (having teenagers in your home is good for that sort of thing) and I listened to sermons while getting all of our Christmas stuff down from the attic. I'm responsible for that sort of thing since we store it in these large plastic containers.

Outside of the house decor: Complete. With the exception of 4 bulbs that burned out about 7 seconds after we turned the whole set on after we checked each and every bulb before putting the strands up. Dangit.

Strategy to complete the inside by Sunday: In process. My plan to expedite the process was to put the big blue tupperware in the middle of the den and let the fam go through and place objects in the correct places at their leisure. The plan seems to be working thus far.

Then we had Thanksgiving Dinner with some friends...who, naturally, introduced us to some of their other friends. Whoever organized the shindig did a great job as everybody had too much to eat (everybody brought two dishes, from what I could figure out) and cleanup was lightning fast...we even took home clean dishes and we watched sports while the dishwasher was going.

One of the couples I met for the first time (Tracy had taken some photos for their family previous to this) was our age and had several kids running around...and then I found out that the husband has surprised all the doctors by living as long as he has. Apparently, they didn't think he'd make it past last Christmas. He enjoys the life moments.

At it reminded me that a few burnt out bulbs and some slowly emptying tupperware are blips on life's radar. And it was one of my favorite all-time Thanksgivings...maybe because it deepened the feeling that I had earlier that day: I am blessed. I lead a charmed life. But yesterday ran a highlighter over those sentences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home