Thursday, August 25, 2005

Stuff On My Brain Today...

Those Sonic commercials with the two guys in the front seat of the car are all pretty funny. Same for the "What's done in Vegas stays in Vegas" commercial where the parents come home from a wild weekend out only to be greeted by their teen (who was cleaning up from a wild party while they were gone) who greet each other with "Nothin'" and no eye contact glances when they asked what each other'd been up to that weekend.

The local football teams were ranked in their district in this order for the upcoming season: Flower Mound Jaguars (no one knows why they chose that nickname since jaguars are not indigenous to Texas and certainly have no ties to this area) 5th in the district; Marcus Marauders (or is it Red Storm?) picked 6th; Lewisville Fighting Farmers (yep...it's their real nickname) 7th. That's out of 8 teams. Ouch.

Bureaucracies can really be frustrating. Just ask my friend Katherine.

My senior guys Bible study is already running smoothly. They have a good chemistry and were very talkative last night. It looks to be a great year with those guys.

The coffee shop we want to open as a hang out in our youth room at the church is going at a much faster clip than I was prepared for. The guy we've brought on to run it wanted to open it today...and I was thinking after Labor Day. I love it when other people get excited about their ministries.

The high-speed computer stuff is working now. Next: wireless router. I'm beginning to ease up on my inherent technophobia. I still dislike my cell phone.

Pat Robertson needs to shut it up. The Hebrew word would be literally translated "making his mouth large." Make it smaller, Pat.



My mom's going in for more testing today on some recurring health issues. That woman could really use a break...so, God, if You're so inclined...

I'm pretty excited as I get to go watch one of my teens play in a football game today as well as a couple of my teens will cheerlead...even though they're both the anti-cheerleader.

Hockey season is coming...and I'm stoked.

I'm finding that my teenagers who are writers are a unique and interesting breed...and I'm thinking of just getting them together to read each other's stuff and encourage each other.

I really miss that cartoon Daria, and re-discovering King of the Hill (which is additionally funny if you live in Texas) and South Park.

Football season starts in 9 days. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home