Sunday, August 21, 2005

Shift in the Sluggish

I was having trouble getting it in gear yesterday. No juice, man. Just wanting to veg out and do nothing and stay in my pajama pants.

But, hey, I'm technically "in training" for the half-marathon and I had a workout scheduled. Truthfully, it was just another thing I was going to blow off. Let's be honest. What's one missed workout going to hurt, right?

I chided myself mentally every step of the way. You don't have to go. You can stay home. You work hard and have earned the right to bum around if you want to. Once at the gym, though, all that ceased.

iPod loads up. Foo Fighters were the music out of the doldrums. "Favorite Foo Playlist." Workout goes by swimmingly fast.

The next thing I know I'm at home mowing the lawn.

Then I studied a bit more for my Sunday School lesson and created a power point slide show for it...while watching part of the Rangers dismal road trip (lost again, 1-11 on this trip, ugh.)

Then off to do some errands...pick up a little of this and rent some movies and run this by the place. Out to eat dinner with a kid...took her to the batting cages after that. Wasn't long before bed time.

Apparently, and I have no idea why, but there's something to the idea that working out actually GIVES you energy. Or maybe it was the Foo Fighters. Either way, I'm glad it all got done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home