Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Rain, Rain, Don't Go Away...Don't Come Again Some Other Day, Today Will Work, Too

Last night a storm rolled in as a feeble attack against the Drought of Summer 2005. I was in my hammock talking to my sister (who was stuck in traffic coming out of a wine class in Napa Valley...marriage hasn't changed her a bit thus far) so props to the Cingular Nation for the free minutes for quality catching-up time. Anyway, I watched the storm clouds roll in while reading with my daughter Shelby in same said hammock. So, props to Lewis Carrol for Alice in Wonderland.

It rained hard for about an hour, too.

Sure, the weathermen (I mean, "meteorologists") told us there was a chance of afternoon storms but they would be widespread and sporadic. Those phrases, I firmly believe, are Meteorologistspeak for "we're coving our bases just in case the words Sunny, Hot & 102 degrees isn't what happens today and it makes it sound like we actually have to study to predict weather here."

Being the dork I am, I wanted to see how long the joy would last so I turned the TV to the weather radar station. I was kinda disappointed to see a yellow & red ball covering my little town north of DFW while the rest of the Metroplex was its usual green.

But seeing the underbelly of that yellow & red ball outside my window last night for over an hour did give me joy and hope...albeit briefly.

I dig thunderstorms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home