Saturday, April 09, 2005

It's Really Not All That Complicated

I was "people intensive" at work yesterday...five different appointments (and a sixth overslept his coffee with me) with five different people. Thankfully, they were all enjoyable. No crisis to hear and all that...just hearing what God is doing in people's lives.

Days like that are tough for me to come home an serve my family. Usually, I want to be left alone...so I had to sit in my driveway before I came in and get my "serve-the-family-by-giving-them-yourself-for-three-hours" game face on.

I picked up Chili's for dinner as Tracy had a rough week with all her work and a sick child.

We watched Joan of Arcadia as a family. If more shows were like this, the television world would be highly respected as a creative teaching/learning medium.

Kelsey and I went to the batting cages. I asked her if she'd rather go before her game (which is today) and she responded, "Dad, I really just need to hit." I KNOW exactly what that means so I took her to the cages to hit a few rounds.

I then piled up in the hammock with my "camping" television--which really just stays in the kitchen for when I'm washing dishes--in the back yard and Kelsey and I watched the Rangers lose (our bullpen has SERIOUS issues at present), but had fun trying to steal the blankets and watching the game together with Shelby and Tracy coming out to see what we're up to periodically.

For the life of me I can't figure out why it is I have to sit in the driveway getting my "serve-the-family-by-giving-them-yourself-for-three-hours" game-face on. It's the best times of my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home