Friday, April 08, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that is must be a negative harbinger about your day when you wake up before the alarm and the obscure Collective Soul song "(You've Got A) Long Way To Run" is the soundtrack in your brain.
...I'm pressuring myself to finish the church history book I'm halfway into before I buy the new Anne Lamott follow up to her book "Traveling Mercies" (which should be required reading by every Christian). Suffice to say that it's a struggle kicking through the Dark Ages.
...that it's a sad state of affairs when the Cookie Monster is making the news because, due to the obesity of American children, he's now calling cookies "a sometimes food." What's next? I'm guessing a more hygenic Oscar the Grouch.
...that the Texas Rangers opening the season on the west coast (they're in, oddly enough, the American League's Western division with California and Washington being in other time zones) and playing one-run games beginning at 9PM my time is making for some long nights lately.
...that Shelby has been sick for an entire week with her fever spiking every day, and this is being loaded up on antibiotics, too. There may be another trip to the doctor coming up today, and it stinks when your children aren't up to snuff.
...that my willow tree and crepe myrtles are hitting spring's stride, which increases my yard work time and decreases my hammock time. Ugh.
...I'd like to go see the movie "Fever Pitch" and the new Ashton Kutcher/Amanda Peet movie, too...and usually I don't like to pick movies based on ads from television.
...I need to be spending more time with my guitar than I have been lately.
...That the fine folks at Blogger who added the new "recover post" feature should be rewarded with a raise (fellow Bloggers know exactly what I'm talking about).
...That I actually have two coffees with teens this morning and I need to get on with the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home