Monday, April 04, 2005

Back In Big D

Woke up rather late yesterday and it took FOREVER to get the blog posted. Barnstorming pilot fiance Shane works on the Mac G4 and let's just say that I always hit "CTRL + C" to copy before hitting "publish" on the Blogger site (yeah, ummm, folks at Blogger, sometimes you can type in the necessary field and hit publish and then something on your end goofs up and all the work is lost) as I've been burned too many times. Turns out that "CTRL + C" on the Mac G4 erases everything you just highlighted and puts some sort of symbol where everything was. So, then I rewrote the 45 minutes worth of work and saved it with the "APPLE + C" function and then Blogger didn't publish it and it was lost again. It took almost an hour and a half to get it up on the site when it usually takes 15 minutes.

Anyway, had a nice breakfast and visit with my higher-order life-liver sister that was extended as my flight was delayed a bit. I got to the airport with even more time to spare as they delayed it another half-hour as I approached the departure gate. So, grabbed a magazine from the stand and was tempted to buy two books (Sarah Vowell's new collection and Anne Lamott had a follow-up to Traveling Mercies) that both sounded better than the church history book I still have 300 pages to finish...but I held off and grabbed Time magazine and some gum. On the TV, the beloved Texas Rangers were playing an exhibition game against the Giants, so I watched that until the plane took off.

On the plane, there was a mom in front of me with a DVD player for her kid, and I caught some glimpses of the much talked-about "Baby Einstien" videos. The 2 year-old was cute and really into it, and from the couple of minutes I watched from across the aisle, those videos are MUCH better than the Barney video my kids liked. Still, for my money, you can never go wrong with Sesame Street collections for your children's DVD watching. Other than that the flight was uneventful but, I did read about half the book on church history...which I may finish up today in the hammock.

And then maybe I'll go purchase those other two books.

Started today back in the groove with coffee with Kelsey (Shelby's got a fever so she'll be around here today with me) who filled me in on her softball team's opening day win as her defending league champion "Blast" team kicked off their season while I was away...

So, I'm off to the hammock right now with Lloyd...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home