Friday, April 01, 2005

Five On The First

I began/stole a blog idea of having readers list five things on the first of the month so we can get to know each other better. This month's list involves music...specifically the music that influenced you. While I'm using the term CD, for those of you over 20 you can use the word "album" interchangeably.

1. The first CD you ever purchased.
2. The latest CD you ever purchased.
3. The CD you listen to when you're in a bad mood.
4. The CD that EVERY collection should have.
5. The CD you're embarrassed to tell everyone you like.

Here are my answers:

1. "Toys in the Attic" by Aerosmith. I had gotten some Beatles albums as gifts, but I heard "Walk This Way" and headed down to the local store on my bike and paid my own money for this one. I'm kinda proud that was my first purchase.
2. "Hotel" by Moby. I have a clock on my screen saver I got from his site that counted down the hours and days until it's North American release. It didn't disappoint.
3. "Seven Year Itch" by Collective Soul. Maybe "Throwing Copper" by Live. Both can pull a bad mood out of the ditch.
4. "Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols" by The Sex Pistols. Very few albums changed the way music was done, but in an age where Disco dominated radio, it was the greatest thing my 13-year-old ears had ever heard. I can still listen to it every day. I could also throw some Ramones and Clash in this mix, but the Pistols did it for me.
5. "VH-1's 80's Anthem Rock." I don't know if there was ever a more awful music decade, but the background track to my high school life involved Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Eddie Money, Van Halen, et al, and it brings back some pretty fond memories.

Comment away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home