Sunday, March 13, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that, after ignoring college basketball for six months, I'm drawn to the excitement & drama of the championship tournaments coming up.
...that you can say what you want about the failings of the SuburbanMegaChurch but, if our Missions Fair on Friday night is any indication, the vision, energy and resources they can put toward missions is encouraging.
...sometimes, sitting in a hammock staring at the stars on a cool night with your daughter is a cure for what ails you.
...U2's new CD is overrated by critics, but two songs on it are brilliant.
..."Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" is smart, innovative & creative and television needs more of that.
...I have a stack of work-related magazines that I need to thumb through because the whole point of periodicals is that they're timely.
...with the mild winter here in Texas I'm already irritated by having to do weekly yardwork in March.
...with the mild winter we had I'm going to be irritated by tons of mosquitos in June.
...I'd really like to go to the SXSW music festival in Austin one of these days.
...While I'm at it, I'd really like to go to Sundance and the Tribeca Film Festivals, too.
...that, in my experience, it really is true that you have more energy if you exercise consistently.
...I'm excited about my daughter's softball season and ballet recitals that fill up my spring.
...that all-in-all, I'm as challenged and excited about the ministry I work for as the day I started.
...that instead of typing about it, I need to go and do it right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home