Monday, March 07, 2005

I Was Gonna, But Now I'm Not

This entry was going to be one in which I told everyone that I was going to put The Diner on indefinite hiatus.

I mean, I felt like many of you were (and are) pulling for me to write the book. Or "a" book. Or many books.

I felt like this blog was eating a lot of valuable time that could've been channeled elsewhere. Maybe towards writing the book. Or "a" book. Or many books.

So, I was going to inform you that The Diner was going on sabbatical. Haitus. Whatever.

And then I couldn't sleep...and I was alone with my thoughts for a bit.

For some reason, I started to analyze how much time I waste on any given day on stupid stuff. Television. Reading crap. Goofing on the guitar. Listening to inane chatter on talk radio, or sports talk radio. I mean, I burned some time last week watching the commentary on the Seinfeld DVD's of some first season episodes.

I'm not saying that my life is a colossal waste of time, mind you. Let's face it. Sometimes I need to burn some time watching the commentary on the Seinfeld DVD's of some first season episodes.

What I am saying is that blogging isn't the reason that I haven't written the book. Or "a" book. Or many books.

There are other reasons. All of them reveal a bit more about myself than I'm comfortable putting out there for public consumption at present.

The bottom line is that The Diner will stay open for business. Feel free to pray for me as the internal struggle to write the book, or "a" book, or many books, continues.

And continues with a vengeance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home