Tuesday, November 16, 2004

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...when you wake up and (for some unexplicable reason) the Digital Underground's song "The Humpty Dance" is playing in your brain, it's going to be a pretty good day.
...those Dallas Cowboys tickets I'm trying to procure for my father-in-law for his visit out here on Thanksgiving may be more of a punishment than a gift if last night's game is any indication.
...that our softball team played the league leaders last night pretty strongly even if two of our significant players weren't there, and the playoffs are next week.
...for some reason, the essay-style spiritual writings of Donald Miller appeal to me (does that make me relevant and/or emergent?).
...I may start training for a marathon again, and for some reason, the Napa Valley track appeals to me more than the Dallas White Rock or the Fort Worth runs.
...that I need to make out my Christmas list, which will be heavy on clothing.
...I'm pretty primed to turn in my vacation days for approval today (while it's been quite the stretch, not having vacation in 18 months, it'll be nice to take three of the next 8 weeks off).
...I'm very glad that my staff is back intact, what with honeymoons and all.
...that my friend Jude (who needs to blog in a gargantuan way) is one of the best small group leaders on my staff and has a very effective ministry we sometimes underrate.
...that I like the Thanksgiving holiday more than the Christmas one.
...that my head is telling me that Auburn should beat Alabama like a drum in this Saturday's Iron Bowl, but my heart/past experience is telling me it's going to be a nail-biter.
...that all these "evangelical Christians" who allegedly showed up to vote in the last election are strangely silent in day-to-day life/love with/of their neighbors.
...that I may be going full-blown electric in my guitar playing very soon, so my neighbors should be prepared.
...the local mist/fog/drizzle in Dallas over the last week, with more days to come, fire me up.
...I lead a charmed life, full of family and friends that love me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home