Monday, November 08, 2004

Post Sermon Poupourri

After delivering four sermons yesterday (which takes more out of you mentally and emotionally than you can imagine...I have no idea how our senior pastor has done this almost every Sunday for about 5 years) I'm having trouble with coherent and/or linear thoughts this morning so I figured I'd simply clear out a few things from my brain and then go have a nap.

The neighborhood church sign is at it again: "Forbidden Fruits Create Many Jams."

As a gift, I got some DVD's of Saturday Night Live "Best of..." I've come to the conclusion that Adam Sandler is overrated on SNL, Chris Farley had some good physical comedy, and the women were brilliant in spots (Cheri Oteri, Molly Shannon and Gilda Radner were all consistently good)...but for my money, Will Farrell might have been the most consistently funny guy on the show (with notable props to Phil Hartman). Tracy, Kelsey and I watched his greatest hits last night and laughed out loud during each one of the sketches.

The plush purple chairs at the local Starbucks are something I want in my dwelling place in the Kingdom.

I had a dream last night that Auburn lost to Florida 46-23 and my sister broke up with her boyfriend and Tracy was yelling at me and blaming me for both. What's weird is Auburn doesn't even play Florida this season and things haven't been better for my sister and her boyfriend and Tracy doesn't ever yell at me. Any dream interpretation you can come up with would be helpful.

The early feedback from my sermon seems to be, "Good sermon. That's just what we needed to hear." My insecurities tell me people are just being polite and nice, but I like to think that if I'm being Spirit-led, that would be the normal result.

Things I think need more appreciation from the masses: The Onion, Moby, Wes Anderson comedy movies, Mississippi Delta blues, Space Ghost, hockey, and Douglas Coupland novels.

I'm not a video game player. Can someone who is explain to me why "Halo 2" is going to recieve $100 million in sales in one night? That's double what an average successful movie would do in an entire run.

Well, that's about it...eyelids getting heavy. Time for a day-off nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home