Thursday, November 25, 2004

Predictably...Stuff I'm Truly Thankful For:

I'm thankful for...

...a wife who grows more beautiful and interesting every day, and that being a student of her really makes "studying" fun.
...two distinctly different daughters who have great health and generally get along.
...the reality that overeating is a temptation rather than hunger being normative.
...the roof over my head.
...a happy childhood, with lots of fond memories.
...an unhappy adolescence, through which I discovered a relationship with God and the true freedom it brings.
...the relationship I have with my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly.
...my Mom.
...my in-laws, who really have accepted me into their family.
...my church family, who accepts me warts and all; and the fact that it really does feel like a family at my church.
...the formal education I've gotten to date, mostly because I learned how to think.
...Lloyd the dog, who, against all odds, has really won me over and become a member of our family.
...the servicemen and servicewomen defending my freedom at this very moment...and at every moment.
...the families of servicemen and servicewomen who are making sacrifices so my freedom can be defended.
...the fact that my reality is that when I make a Christmas list, most of the things on it wind up under the tree.

I'm a blessed man, leading a charmed life. And I'm thankful for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home