Saturday, November 20, 2004

No-Limit Alabama Iron Bowl

I have a huge emotional investment in this year's Auburn Tigers football team. I have lived and died with good old AU through the lean years (and there were many lean years in my youth) and the Iron Bowl against Alabama is always big...but this is huge. I've never witnessed AU with a shot at playing for all the marbles.

It will happen at 2:37 PM today. 10-0 Auburn vs. 6-4 Alabama. We should win handily.

But I think I know what it feels like in No-limit Texas Hold 'Em when you're holding pocket queens, with another queen on the flop and you go all in with about 250,000 bucks. There's a chance you lose it all but if things play out like they're supposed to you win a bundle.

I'd imagine the feeling of waiting to see the last two cards is similar to what I'm feeling right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home